This policy outlines the framework for Hadleigh Junior School to meet its duty and obligation to provide a high quality education to all of its pupils, including pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and to do everything it can to meet the needs of pupils with SEND.
Through successful implementation of this policy, the school aims to:
- Eliminate discrimination.
- Promote equal opportunities.
- Foster good relationships between pupils with SEND and pupils without SEND.
Hadleigh Junior School will work with the LA within the following principles which underpin this policy:
- The involvement of children, parents/carers and young people in decision-making
- The identification of children’s and young people’s needs
- Collaboration between education, health and social care services to provide support
- High quality provision to meet the needs of children and young people with SEND
- Greater choice and control for young people and parents/carers over their support
- Successful preparation for adulthood, including independent living and employment