Statement of intent
The Hadleigh Junior School believes that, in order to facilitate teaching and learning, acceptable behaviour must be demonstrated in all aspects of academy life.
The academy is committed to:
- Promoting desired behaviour.
- Promoting self-esteem, self-discipline, proper regard for authority, and positive relationships based on mutual respect.
- Ensuring equality and fair treatment for all.
- Praising and rewarding good behaviour.
- Challenging and disciplining bad behaviour.
- Providing a safe environment, free from disruption, violence, discrimination, bullying and any form of harassment.
- Encouraging positive relationships with parents/carers.
- Developing positive relationships with our pupils to enable early intervention.
- A shared approach which involves pupils in the implementation of the academy’s policy and associated procedures.
- Promoting a culture of praise and encouragement in which all pupils can achieve.